Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Double D

(image courtesy of alephunky on deviantart.com)
Don't get me wrong, I love partying with my friends and I can usually do it sober (& by sober I mean no alcohol but 2 to 3 cans of Red Bull flowing through my body) but being the designated driver sometimes for lack of a better phrase - sucks out loud! I got roped into going to a soca fete last night and coaxed into being the cursed double D. I usually don't mind for the most part, but as I looked around at my circle, everyone and I mean EVERYONE else had a Heineken in hand and I have to admit I was a bit jealous!

I love to dance, music unleashes this kind of unparalleled high causing my hips to gyrate (& me to belt out one song after another with more feeling than is ever actually called for) - but when I hit my soca music quota for the night my vibe hit a serious lull. A lull that could have definitely been cured by a bit of liquid inspiration, lesson to self: soca fete≠ designated driver.

That's all she wrote...For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment