Saturday, January 29, 2011

When Does Life Really Start

Considering my life after college, I can't help but feel cheated and not like those law school graduates that can't find jobs and are suing their alma maters for what their calling a ponzi scheme. Which, mind you is ridiculous, you decided to go into post-graduate studies, and it's not your school's fault you can't get a job, it's the economy's. Get your act together. What I mean to say is, for all the promise of the real world and life starting after you leave college, the truth of the matter is - I feel like I'm still waiting on my life to start. Although I hate the cliche line waiting for my life to start, I feel like I had more of a life when I was in college.

I suppose what I really mean is I enjoyed my life more. I had a discussion with a friend about life somewhat sucking after college, and being that I've moved away from all of my friends, with the exception of my family I have a very minimal level of human interaction (especially since my profession has been relegated to working from home thanks to the internet). This whole situation makes me wonder what my life is going to be like for my 20s, I finished college at 20 and now what, most people talk about their crazy twenties and how they really lived in their early adult years but my twenties started when I left college, and they don't seem to be getting better.

I'm looking for an opportunity to work in a social environment, and all this lack of interaction is like a social experiment gone wrong. I suddenly understand what sociologist babble on about when they're talking about human beings being social creatures. All this me time has me reconsidering whether or not I'd really be happy being single and childless for the rest of my life. I love myself, yet I can't imagine how stir-crazy I'll become if I'm relegated to spending the rest of my life in the digital age's equivalent of solitary confinement.

No comments:

Post a Comment