Friday, January 14, 2011

A Day in My Life My Life in a Day: Charade

So I must think I live in an Audrey Hepburn movie or something because I'm obsessed with trying to live out moments from my favorite films in everyday life. Two days ago I decided I'd be coming to NY for a couple days, and yesterday I decided my sister was going to come along for the ride. Thus far we've pigged out on lasagna and chicken marsala at Carmine's, a haunt I love in NYC (although now that one's in the Penn Quarter of DC I've got to go more often). After stuffing our faces with food and sitting around and allowing the meal to settle in our bellies (i.e. let the itis set in) we found a way to muscle our way over to the NYPL, only to find the cutest old telephone booths known to man. I don't know what it is about the New York Public Library but I'm utterly obsessed and this time I decided to have a little fun with my baby sister (she's 14 and taller than me mind you). In the film Charade, Audrey gets cornered in a telephone booth, which is probably the reason why I'm so taken with the ones over here. We each took it upon ourselves to sit, stand, and make goofy faces in the telephone booth while the other caught it on camera. I'm starting to think I need more of these random moments of crazy in my life, the last few months have been way too dull.

One day I'm going to stand in front of the Arc de Triumph and let a few dozen balloons fly like she did in Funny Face. Only then will my life be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment