Saturday, January 29, 2011

Resolution Check-in Time

So we're almost at the end of January and when the new year started I passed this sign on the way home that said "may your troubles last as long as your resolutions." Although I realize most people don't keep their resolutions, I'm trying very hard to keep mine, or at least some of them. Here's a mock up of my new years resolution successes thus far:

Put my BlackBerry in the Backseat When I'm Driving.
Verdict:
Failing miserably, I never usually text while driving but I found myself doing it this past week. I'm usually guilty of talking on my phone while driving, but this was a new level of bad driving etiquette for me.

Get my American Driver's License.
Verdict: Got it! I didn't let this one go unnoticed, I made sure I got my license as soon as the new year set in.

Learn the Virtue of Patience.
Verdict: I'm still trying. This is a work in progress, but I'm doing better.

Stop Living Vicariously through Pop Culture.
Verdict: Ha! I'm looking at this one right now and wondering if I had a few glasses of wine when I wrote this post because pop culture is fun. Sure I need to get out more, but between Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries, my real life romantic dry spell doesn't seem so terrible.

Spend More Time at Museums & Art Galleries.
Verdict: I've been out once or twice since the new year started but I definitely need to up my culture quotient some more. Maybe I should make a point of it to blog about interesting places/food/people and the like.

Reconnect With Myself, My Goals, My Desires, and My Plan.
Verdict: This takes a lot of quality me time, not the time spent sitting in front of the TV or the computer. Working on my grad school application might help me do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment