Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rant: Homosexuality & the World That Doesn't Want to Understand


I don't quite get the anti-gay debate. It's not that I don't understand that some people are just plain terrified of homosexuality, but what I don't understand is why the hell it matters to them. As a woman, I'd prefer not to be in a relationship with a man, or God forbid, married to a man who would rather be penetrating or penetrated by another man. I think the conservative side of society should stop trying to push homosexuality back into the proverbial closet and accept it.

People talk about whether or not it's a choice or a natural thing, my thoughts are that each case is different, it's both. Then again nobody ever goes around asking straight people why they choose to be straight. I once dated a guy that said gays were evil because they couldn't reproduce and that was the whole point of us being here on this earth. Needless to say, our relationship ended very quickly after that argument. I couldn't deal with the hypocrisy of it all because I threw it right back in his face when I said, I don't want to reproduce so by your logic I am just as evil as they are. I think on some level many priest have pitted religion against homosexuality for the simple reason that some of them are jealous of those that have chosen to live their life regardless of what society has to say. I sometimes wonder what the ratio of A-sexual to homosexual priests really is, they've chosen not to procreate and are valued for it, so why should a man or woman who chooses to save the world from eating itself alive in overpopulation by loving someone of the same sex be any different.

Love is love, God is love. I've almost completely abandoned the idea of organized religion, and no religion can convince me that homosexuality is an act against God.

That's all she wrote... For now

No comments:

Post a Comment