Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'm NOT a G

(image courtesy of mimblewimble on deviantart.com)
Today I failed my G driving test. The horror that rushed through my veins when the examiner announced that there are a few things I'll need to correct before I'll be able to pass the test made my blood cold. I was nervous, and I'd like to say something like "she failed me for the sake of failing me," or that "I was cheated" (at least then it wasn't something I did), but I can't, instead I'll concede I let my nerves get the best of me and now I've got to pay for it. That by no means means that I am okay with my recent failure, I'm actually extremely disappointed (hence the need to express myself in blog form). In the way that only I can, I have poured over the evaluation sheet reading her comments and the scoring sheet repeatedly wondering when I did or didn't do something right. I have to wait about a month to go for my test again because everybody and their sister and bother seems to want to go for their test in the summer months. I guess this is my penance for passing my G1 and G2 tests on my first tries. I don't like to ponder failure, I would much rather ponder my successes, too bad this is the real world and failure comes more often than success here. I hope I pass next time is all I can say. On another note I was honored at a ceremony this week for my student initiative, to be exact I received the Albert Lager Prize for Student Initiative Award from the McMaster University Alumni Association. I think that makes up for the $75 I just blew while failing my G test.

That's all she wrote...For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment