Thursday, February 11, 2010

Friends & The Fast Lane

Ever feel like cutting each and every person out of your life and not completely understanding why? Maybe for a split second or a few hours I lost my faith and trust in my friends. I don’t know exactly what it was that came over me, but in one fell swoop I decided that since I’m moving in three months putting up with betrayal and lies and being sceptical of everyone in my life wouldn’t be a good way to spend my last days. I lashed out about the concept of facebook friends, considering that maybe no one is really friends with anyone anymore. I wanted a clean slate, to escape the tyranny of others I call my friends, to start over; maybe I’ve wanted it for a long time and been too afraid of what it’s like to have no friends. The last straw was gossip from the mouths of friends, which my best friend promptly proceeded to highlight was seriously ironic because my favourite TV show is Gossip Girl, a statement that broke the ice (making both of us burst into a fit of giggles) and making it evident how stupid I was being. It’s easier to push people away than to lose them with no control over the terms and situation. Call me a control freak, but lately I’ve been feeling like I’ve lost my mind, life happens, there’s nothing we can do about it, we’re just along for the ride and I'm about to hit the fast lane when I move to NYC.

That's all she wrote...For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment